Wednesday, October 10, 2018

BIG BOOK QUESTIONS (BBQs)  
1) Instructions & Basic Info (Read Below)
2) Suggested Format
3) Guidelines
4) Rubric
5) BBQ Example & More Student Samples

INSTRUCTIONS & BASIC INFO
Get this young ones! And if you can't get it... the 27 year old you will... so... The purpose of this is to give the 27 year old you and others (57 year old you, your kidsgrandkids, etca gift. It is the gift of your mind as a 15 year old and what that mind was thinking on some BIG QUESTIONS.  You and others will likely smile when you read your thoughts in the future.  However, if you do a lame job the 27 year old you will be disappointed. So make your entries worth reading and put forth some deep and interesting thoughts when you write. 
1) BEFORE – Each entry write about what you already know or what you think the subject is about. Or why in the hell old people think you should know about his stuff.  Write about why this subject is NOT interesting. There is no right or wrong answer. Actually, there is a wrong answer. It is wrong not to put forth your best thoughts.
2) AFTER – Now after the unit is over, you should take some time and write a nice and juicy write up on what you learned. Perhaps do NOT just list facts, people and such stuff.  Write about how what you learned changed how you think.  Mention life lessons: What does what you learned teach you about what you should AVOID or DO in life.
3) WHEN I’M 27 This is the easy part. Leave one page blank and title it: WHEN I’M 27 Write your response & complete all WHEN I’M 27 responses  
OCCASIONAL DUE DATEMr P will assign Big Questions every unit. Big Books will be randomly collected throughout the year. Yippie!
FINAL DUE DATE: In around 12 years, when you bring your BIG BOOK with BIG THOUGHTS and take Mr P out for coffee (Your Treat) and a great chat about life and the BIG QUESTIONS.   



LISTING OF BIG BOOK QUESTIONS 
1) BBQ - Foundation 
2) BBQ - Myths Religion & Philosophy
3) BBQ - Democracy & Autocracy
4) BBQ - Middle Ages to American Revolution
5) BBQ - French Revolution
6) BBQ - Napoleon
7) BBQ - Industrial Revolution  
8) BBQ - Nationalism & Imperialism
9) BBQ - WWI 
10) BBQ - Russian Revolution / Stalin


















1 comment:

  1. The biggest influence on me right now is planes. I pretty much am obsessed with planes. I use Flightradar24.com and cargolaw.com on my iphone almost everyday. I also use flightradar24 on my chromebook when I get home. I basically think about planes in my free time or make planes papercrafts. I also do think about planes during school hours. I focus on school work when I need to.

    ReplyDelete

BIG BOOK QUESTIONS (BBQs)   1) Instructions & Basic Info (Read Below) 2) Suggested Format 3) Guidelines 4) Rubric 5) BBQ Example...